No one likes feeling ill. Whether it’s a summer cold or a winter sniffle, being poorly can really knock it out of you, especially if it lasts for a while. It’s the perfect time, then, for friends and family to come to the rescue and a get well gift basket is a great way to brighten someone’s day. Gifts can be given at any occasion but are often most appreciated when they’re unexpected. There are loads of ideas for things that make a great gift basket so it just takes a bit of consideration into what might make them smile. Here area a few ideas of what makes a great get well gift basket:
1. Fruit – it may sound simple and even a little boring, but fruit is full of good stuff for you and is bound to help someone feel a bit better when they’re poorly. It’s somewhat of a tradition to take grapes for hospital patients, but a basket of apples, oranges or bananas – whatever is their favourite – would go down a treat. What’s more, this gift may be just what the doctor ordered!
2. Flowers – flowers can brighten up any dismal situation and put a smile on even the saddest face. A Fruit and Flowers gift bouquet makes for the perfect get well gift to accompany a get well gift basket. Or another great floral idea would be those with healing properties. Lavender, chamomile and echinacea are a few examples and, although they may require some transformation into a form of medicine, make for a great ‘get well soon’ token to add to a gift basket.
3. Ice Cream – Perfect for sore throats and fevers, ice cream is your best friend when you’re ill and is a great gift for a get well gift basket. Just make sure it stays in the freezer until you present them with their gift basket! It’s also worth considering flavours and brands as everyone has a favourite.
4. DVD/CD/Books – when you’re ill it’s quite normal to feel like doing absolutely nothing. Therefore there’s nothing better than filling a get well gift basket with a bunch of their favourite songs, a good book or a few films to help keep them entertained. They say laughter is the best medicine, so how about a DVD of Even More Great Comedy Moments? Anything that suggests you know what they enjoy is sure to go down well.
5. A big cuddly toy – it may seem like something ideal only for the younger generation, but there is nothing that the smile of an over-sized teddy bear can’t cure! It may not fit in a get well gift basket but would look fantastic alongside one. Or, how about a smaller more personal Hug From Me To You bear to fit inside the basket and to let them know you’re thinking of them?
The recipient of this lovely get well gift basket is bound to be feeling a bit low, so any thoughtful gift basket with a mix of exciting presents is sure to make them feel a bit better. Get well gift baskets are unique as they provide a little bit of everything to ensure that you can make someone’s day.